Curriculum at NPCS
In all areas of learning, from pre-k through 12th, we seek to carry out our mission: to equip students to impact their world for Christ. We teach our students facts, figures, and skills so that all are prepared to do well in further academic education or technical training. Even more importantly, we carry out our mission with teachers committed to weaving three threads from God's Word through every subject at every level. We call them mandates because God commands His people to do them. They are
The Love Mandate: “Love the Lord your God…. Love your neighbor as yourself” (Matt. 22:37-38).
The Mission Mandate: “Go and make disciples…teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you” (Matt. 28:18-20).
The Image Mandate: “Let us make man in our image…. Be fruitful…fill the earth…subdue it…rule over every living creature…" (Gen. 1:26, 28).
Teachers intersect these themes into all of learning, interpreting the times, seeing all the world through "the glasses of the Bible." These teachers also test to see whether the students have "caught" the connections. For example, after learning being made in God's image means taking care of His creation, in 7th grade science, students need to answer this question: "List the pro's and con's of open-pit mining and underground mining. Then assume you have been given land to mine. As a Christian, which type of mining would you choose for your business and why?" So is it in all subjects at all levels at NPCS.
NPC Common Core Standards - click here
North Central Accreditation and Christian Schools International (CSI)
• Experienced staff of state certified teachers
• Strong college prep program with about 95%+ of graduates going on to college
• Partnership with Kent Career/Technical Center and Cornerstone University
• ACT scores above national averages
• Resource room professionally staffed for special needs students
• State-of-the-art media center, computer and science labs
• Drama, art, band, choir and orchestra programs