Coronavirus Updates and Cancellations
Current positive cases: 6
Current PreK-12th students/staff in quarantine: 12
Total cumulative 2021-22 positive cases to-date: 4
The most recent case was reported on: September 21st, 2021
2021/2022 COVID Update for NorthPointe Christian Schools
August 26, 2021
Please know that the NPC Administrative team and Board will continue to prayerfully make decisions as we receive any new information. We will strive to communicate well with our families about any new updates. We believe that the following guidelines help create an environment that we can continue to “equip students to impact their world for Jesus Christ.”
Contact Tracing, Quarantine, COVID Positive Cases
- NPC will follow KCHD close contact and quarantine mandates.
- We will continue to report positive cases to the KCHD and collaborate with them to identify and trace close contacts to a positive COVID-19 individual.
- Families who are impacted by close contacts will be contacted directly.
- COVID-19 positive staff or students must isolate for 10 days regardless of vaccination status. After 7 days, staff and students can return to school with a negative test if no new symptoms occur.
- Fully vaccinated staff and students who are a close contact do not need to quarantine.
- Household close contacts of a confirmed COVID-19 case must quarantine for 10 days from last exposure.
- The NPC COVID-19 Dashboard will continue to be updated weekly.
- The daily health screening will no longer be required.
- Parents will be required to keep students home if they exhibit 2 or more COVID symptoms. (Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea)
- Anyone who is sick or showing symptoms is asked not to enter the building.
- All parents and guests entering the building must check in at the office upon arrival
- Students at the Elementary campus and MS/HS campus will be picked up at designated outdoor areas.
- Regular disinfecting will occur daily in each classroom by our cleaning service.
- High touch surfaces will be routinely sanitized each day by our staff members.
Hand Washing and Hygiene
- Good hygiene practices will be modeled and encouraged.
- Faculty and staff will teach and reinforce handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Signage will be posted at handwashing stations.
- Hand sanitizer will be located throughout the school.
- NorthPointe Christian will enact the KCHD mask order, but also will accept a parent’s or guardian’s written representation stating that your child is not wearing a face covering because they cannot medically tolerate a face covering. This includes the consideration for a child’s mental health.
- Each Classroom is equipped with an air purifier.
- Teachers will also be encouraged to open windows when feasible.
- We will encourage classes to go outside whenever possible.
The August 20, 2021 KCHD order shall not apply to the following Persons:
- Persons in the act of eating or drinking.
- Persons under the age of four years.
- Persons with developmental conditions of any age attending school for whom it has been demonstrated that the use of a face covering would inhibit the person's access to education. These are limited to persons with an Individualized Education Plan, Section 504 Plan, Individualized Healthcare Plan, or equivalent.
- Teachers who are working with children who are hard of hearing or students with developmental conditions who benefit from facial cues.
It is our expectation and anticipation that families will follow the above guidelines; however, we will accept a parent's written representation that your child cannot medically tolerate a face covering.
Off-Campus Virtual Learning
- Students who are absent will work with their teachers on any late or missing work as they normally would for a traditional absence.
- Teachers will work with students and parents to provide the necessary materials to keep students on pace.
- NPC is committed to provide quality education to all students who are quarantined.
Bussing and Transportation
- Weather permitting, to increase circulation, windows will be open when cleaning the bus, when the bus is parked, and while in motion.
- The bus will be filled from back to front and emptied from front to back as much as possible.
We thank you for your continued partnership with NorthPointe Christian Schools as we equip students to impact their world for Jesus Christ.
In His Service,
NorthPointe Christian Schools
Board and Administration